Buying a chew proof dog bed is a good idea if your fido is the type of pet that likes to destroy stuff through chewing. However, a dog couch should also be a comfy place to for canines to lie down. For more detailed info, read our guide and recommended products below:
Chew Proof Dog Beds Review
#1. Premium Durable Orthopedic Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed
The best chew proof dog bed is the type that comes with an internal cover that is waterproof, yet breathable and has more than one layer. The Premium Durable Orthopedic Shredded Memory Foam Dog Bed Pillow has all of that features and more.
This item’s design looks like a cross between a bed and an overstuffed pillow. Despite the thickness of the pillow bed, airflow is not impeded and is made from the best materials.
- Pillow bed comes in several colors: blue, brown, black, denim blue, denim brown, and olive green
- Stuffing on the item consists of premium poly-fill and shredded polyurethane memory foam that is comfy as well as resilient
- Heavy-duty nylon cover capable of resisting odors, water, hair dirt, and light scratching as well as allowing better airflow between the foams
- The inches-thick overstuffed insert provides relief and supports orthopedic support to pooches of all sizes
- Unlike other dog beds, the foam of this product is three times heavier and fives times denser thus it will not flatten over time as well as lasting for years
- You can use a washing machine as well as dry-able the bed’s removable external cover
- An excellent bed which has the necessary sizes for Small, Medium and Large dog breeds
- This massive duty dog bed is both as a pillow and mattress in one that provides relief to a canine with achy joints, hip dysplasia, and arthritis
#2. PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed Orthopedic Memory Foam (Water and Chew Resistant)
For the ultimate chew-resistant doggie bed and lounge, PetFusion is the bed that delivers comfort and support to your pet. This doggie couch ensures a good night’s sleep or rests to your fido without sacrificing its resistant to tear and water.
The dimensions and space of the lounge are big enough to hold not just large or medium canines but also several small pooches. Additionally, the PetFusion lounge’s design allows your pet to nestle its head with ease and comfort.
- Available in three colors that you can choose: chocolate brown, sandstone (with plush) and slate gray
- Every component such as the memory foam base, recycled support bolsters and durable polyester of the bed are of premium quality
- This chew resistant dog bed‘s bolsters and base are designed to give optimal comfort as well as support to your dog
- Compatible with any of breed regardless of their size and if you are not sure about the size of the bed that fits, you can ask PetFusion’s team for assistance
- Passes stricter safety standards of countries in Europe
- Comes with a machine washable, easy to clean removable cover. You can also order replacement covers as well
- Lounge cover is water resistant, easy to clean off spots and remove hair
- The non-skid bottom of the doggie lounge prevents it from sliding away from its position
#3. K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed (Chocolate & Mesh)
One of the best chew proof dog beds from K&H is their Original Pet Cot Elevated Pet Bed that has an innovative design and recommended by experts. With the doggie cot’s elevated surface, your dog will find the warm months cooler and tolerable.
The furniture needs some assembly, but it’s easy to do whether you are outdoors or indoors. This cot is easy to clean and its cover removable in case it gets dirty enough to warrant some washing.
- K&H Original Pet Cot comes in different colors: black, blue, green, red and tan
- Thanks to the cot's elevated surface, air flows with no impediments making the warm months of spring and summer are now cooler to your dog
- Easy to assemble and disassemble the bed's components, so there is no need for tools of any kind
- Comes in four sizes to fit your pooch: Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Dog cot comes with a one-year warranty upon purchase along with a canopy add-on
- A chew proof bed cot that is suitable for indoors, outdoors, travel camping, etc.
- The cover of the cot have replacements for you to buy and they are available all year round
- Experts and veterinarian highly recommend this product for all canines of all sizes
#4. K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed (Waterproof with Aluminum Frame)
Considered as one of the best durable dog beds in the world the K9 Ballistics Elevated Dog Cot specifically designed to have no parts that can easily be gnawed by your pet. Rip-stopping engineering and a design inspired by vets as well as pooches make this item durable against chewing and capable of supporting a massive animal. Assembling the bed is simple and straightforward, at worst all you need is an Allen wrench. Lastly, fidos of all breeds will like this bed.
- You can choose up to five different kinds of colors: tan, black, blue, green and red
- 99% durable dog bed that is suitable for outdoor, indoor or doggie crate use
- The frame of this doggie bed is made from aluminum, and you assemble or disassemble it with ease
- Rip-stop ballistic sling that super durable and capable of resisting a heavy-chewer pooch
- The dog bed comes with a 120-Day Chew Proof Guarantee that lets you replace the item if was damaged within the first 120 days
- Easy to clean be it wiping a stain spot, putting the bed cover in a washing machine or using a hose to give the bed a thorough cleaning
- The item has been specially engineered to have its fabric edges inaccessible to a dog
- Recommended product for destructive or heavy chewer canines
#5. Hero Dog Dog Bed Mat Crate Pad Anti Slip Mattress Washable for Large Medium Small Pets
Chew proof dog beds by Hero Dog brand offer doggie owners the best quality product that fits them. The Hero Dog Bed Mat is painstakingly designed then stringently tested to make sure that it will comfort for pooches with bones or joint problems.
Despite being a soft and comfortable mat, it has a strong and durable plush fleece to make sure that the mat lasts for a very long time. Lastly, the doggie mat is portable enabling you to carry it on trips in where your pet is tagging along.
- Dog mat is long-lasting and low maintenance but may be less resistant to scratching
- Soft crate pad comes in 42 inches that can fit small, medium or large dogs
- This mat is easy to clean in a washing machine, and that's not all. The pad retains its original shape no matter how many cycles of washing
- Designed with a non-slip and anti-skid bottom to stop the dog bed from shifting and moving on any type of floor especially hardwood floors
- Available in blue, brown, red and grey. As a bonus feature, these colors hide your pooch’s shed hairs
- Each dog mat has been designed and tested for five months to ensure its effectiveness to satisfy dog owners' expectations
- This item is a chew proof bed that is portable making it an excellent choice to bring along with you
- Super soft surface gives comfort and better relaxation to canines that are older or with disabilities like aching bones or joints
#6. K9 Ballistics Tough Orthopedic Dog Bed Rectangle, Nearly Indestructible & Chew Proof
From K9 Ballistics we have one of the best chew proof dog bed that combines orthopedic comfort with robust, heavy duty properties that can last for a lifetime. This dog bed was engineered to hold up to pups or pooches that like to gnaw scratch or dig. Also, this high-quality item is stress-free for your pet, and it can improve its physical well-being by giving it a good night’s rest. Indeed K9 doggie beds are the best in the U.S. and around the world.
- The mattress has a channel feature to stop the foam’s shifting and clumping
- Materials of this orthopedic dog bed are made from the company’s proprietary rip-stop, ballistic and water-proof fabric
- The outer cover of this indestructible dog bed is resistant to water as well as odor, and each seam is stitched three times to make sure it is durable
- Tested for tear strength, washability, and abrasion resistance by a third party to ensure quality control along with a 120-day warranty
- Designed to distribute your fido’s weight evenly to protect the spine and joints
- Unlike other tough dog beds, this item is constructed from CertiPur-USA’s 5” solid material and has no glue used on its foam
- Cleaning off the spots and washing the cover is easy to do
- Usable for any season be it indoors and outdoors
#7. Brindle Chew Proof & Waterproof Designer Memory Foam Pet Bed
A chew proof dog bed should not just chew-proof, but also robust, comfy and soft for your pet to lie upon. Brindle pet bed is 4 inches thick with plush memory foam to relieved pressure points and base foam that provides support. This dog bed is suited to everyday use since it will resist the daily wear and tear.
- The foam bed comes in lovely Charcoal Velour, Navy Trellis and Red Sherpa colors
- Your pooch will be comfortable sleeping or resting in this soft doggie bed
- The zippered cover of this item is to remove and is washer or dryer safe
- This nearly indestructible dog bed is durable to daily wear and tear as well as a non-skid bottom
- Comes with a 3-year warranty when you purchase this item
- Capable of accommodating dogs that weigh 35-65 pounds regardless of what type of canine breed
- The size of this bed is designed to fit in most generic doggie crates
- The zippered cover of this item is to remove and is washer or dryer safe
#8. Big Barker 7" Pillow Top Orthopedic Indestructible Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs
One of the best American-made chew proof dog beds is Big Barker’s 7″ Pillow Dog Bed that is dependable concerning comfort and made with excellent craftsmanship. Though the pillow-topped bed is thick, it allows a lot of air to circulate freely while giving some needed support to canines sleeping in the bed. This item looks aesthetically tremendous and will complement your home. Many dog owners can attest that Big Barker brand of doggie beds are the best thanks to its high-quality craftsmanship and design.
- Available in khaki, chocolate, charcoal gray, burgundy colors that you can choose
- Unlike some of the best chew pet beds, this orthopedic bed has the most extended warranty of 10-years
- The bed is engineered to keep pooches youthful longer and make elderly dogs comfortable by resting their joints comfortably
- Comes in Large, XL and XXL sizes that will fit right with large canine breeds as well as small or medium breeds too
- Complies with CertiPur standards as well as tested by an independent and accredited third party for emissions, content, and durability
a cheap chew proof dog bed, this pillow-topped bed has no outgassing
(the release of a gas that was dissolved, frozen, trapped or absorbed in
a material) that can irritate the eyes, skin, and nose of humans and
- Strong microfiber cover hold ups against your pooch's nesting and digging antics. Also, the cover is easy to wash in a washing machine and will not shrink
- The therapeutic foam of this bed will not go pancake or flatten over time and allows air to move freely for cooling purposes
#9. K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad - Washable, Durable, Chew Proof & Waterproof
When it comes to top-quality chew proof dog beds or pads, K9 Ballistics is best when it comes to high-quality crate pads that last a lifetime. Doggie crates can be uncomfortable due to its metal components, but there is nothing to stop anyone from making said crates more tolerable.
However, the beautiful thing about this product is that it has been designed to withstand fidos that are light or moderate chewers. Despite the pad being thick, it is comfortable for any canines to rest or sleep and can be used separately from a crate.
- Made and designed to be chew-resistant in its construction to ensure that light and medium gnawing dogs don’t easily destroy this crate pad
- Unlike other indestructible dog beds, the K9 pad’s filling is made from certified recycled and clean polyfill that has a 1.5” thickness
- Has a 90-day Chew Proof Warranty and if your pet ruins the crate pad within the allotted warranty time, the company will replace it for free
- For maximum comfort and optimal durability, the pad’s polyfill is stitched, and there are no Velcro or zippers in it
- This chew proof dog bed is available in a variety of colors of your choice: black, blue, gray camo, green, green camo, red and tan
- A chew proof dog bed that is machine washable and easy to clean off spots, hair, etc. off the bed's surface
- The bed’s cover is resistant against gnawing, bites, scratching as well as waterproof
- This pad can fit into standard-sized crates or if you can use it on its own as a doggie bed
#10. Kuranda Dog Bed - Chewproof - Walnut PVC - Indoor - Cordura Fabric
Kuranda indestructible dog bed is the best doggie cot that is ergonomic and medically designed to give comfort to a resting or sleeping pooch. Canines with a body and joint pains will find relief in this bed, and it can keep them cool as well as dry when laying on it. Though this dog bed is not for outdoor use, it is nonetheless useful as a sleeping pad for your pet indoors. You can clean this thing with ease and will remain intact despite repeated cleaning even in a washing machine.
- Kuranda bed comes in several colors of your choice: burgundy, forest green, khaki and smoke
- Designed to be durable even against the most enthusiastic dogs that like to chew a lot thus saving you money from buying replacements
- Unlike some chew proof dog beds, this product has a high strength PVC frame that can support a canine with a maximum weight of 125lbs.
- The Cordura fabric is as durable as canvas and resistant to abrasion as well as giving traction to any fido getting on and off the bed
- The item has One Year Warranty allowing you to replace the product within the specified period
- One of the best chew pet beds that keeps your pet comfortable, cool and dry thanks to the bed’s raised or elevated design which allows air to move freely
- Kuranda dog beds are proven to be reliable and are widely used in kennels and active shelters for over ten years
- Easy to clean and what is, even more, better is that the materials of the bed will not be ruined by constant and repeated cleaning
Chew Resistant Dog Beds (FAQS & BUYERS GUIDE)
An indestructible dog bed can save you money since you won’t be replacing the ruined doggie sofa constantly. It can be utterly frustrating to buy a replacement sofa or couch only for it to last for a day. Also, such types of canine beds are durable and will last longer once your pet gives up its chewing shenanigans.
Why Dogs Love to Chew Their Beds?
Buying chew proof dog beds are akin to dealing with the symptoms not the actual cause of why your fido likes to bite and gnaw not just as dog sofas but almost everything. Knowing why a canine chews at its bed will help you stop or mitigate its behavior.
- Teething phase – Puppies are the ones that tend to exhibit this behavior, and it's a part of their growth into maturity. The best thing to do here is to give the pup other chew resistant things like toys that will keep them occupied. You can't stop your puppy from going through this period of its growth, so the least you can do is give it something else to chew on. This growth period is a good time to teach the pup to restrict its chewing activities to appropriate objects.
- Separation anxiety – Some breeds of dog suffer this problem when you leave them alone in your home or house for long periods. Chewing things especially the pooches' sofa is their way of coping with separation anxiety. Other displays of separation anxiety are defecation, urination, whining, restlessness, barking, and pacing.
- Sucking fabrics – To be precise, your dog will lick, suck and chew any fabrics that it can reach especially the ones in its sofa bed. This peculiar behavior according to some experts stems from a canine that was weaned too early before its seven or eight weeks old. If this animal's bad behavior is not nipped in the bud, it can become a compulsion, and it can warrant professional as well as specialized help. Think of fabric sucking as the dog’s equivalent to human thumb sucking.
- Hunger pangs – Pooches whose owners put them in a diet with some restriction on their calorie intake tend to resort to ruining and gnawing objects. These actions are the canines' way to find and get the calories they lack. Any object that smells or is related to food is a potential target for such actions. A doggie bed’s memory foam is notbe appealing to the pooch, but it can become collateral when chew time comes.
- Aggressive behavior – Canines with aggressive tendencies or have a rough side usually have a big bite that can destroy things. On a related note; dogs with massive jaws like Bulldogs or Pit Bull can easily tear a sofa bed. On another note, pooches with behavioral problems and lack of discipline do the same damage as aggressive animals.
How To Choose The Best Durable Dog Bed?
A durable dog bed is made from the best and high-quality materials to withstand a pooch's chewing. Try to check and know what materials were used on the doggie bed. You can always ask the company making the bed for information. Here are some significant things you need to look and know:
- Abrasion materials such as PVC, canvas or Cordura
- Reinforced type-materials that can support a large dog breed
- Kevlar threads that are heavy-duty and high-performance
- Ripstop nylon used in the bed’s construction
- Metal zippers for covers so that they don’t break easily
- Frames made from aluminum or PVC
- Bed materials that do not break into small pieces that a dog can ingest
Tips On How To Stop A Dog Chewing On Dog Bed
Even the best chew proof dog bed will eventually be ripped to pieces if your pet continues to gnaw on it. Therefore it is necessary that you nip (or mitigate) the chewing problem by stopping the culprit itself. Here are some tips on how to prevent the chewing:
- Introduce some chew toys– If you can stop your pooch from chewing, then you should direct its activity to objects meant for chewing. Chew toys along with dental sticks have some benefits to give to your pup. Just make sure the toys and dental sticks are strong enough to last for a long time. Be careful of items that break into tiny pieces due to chewing since they can become a choking hazard or mess up your pet’s internal body system.
- Divert the fido’s attention – Boredom is one of the most common reasons that doggies tend to develop destructive behavior. Many types of canines, especially from the small dog breeds, need a mental and physical diversion like exercises, outside play or walk and some doggie toys. You may have to expend more time and effort if your canine belongs to breed that is physically active.
- Avoid stressful situations – Anxiety or nervousness is another that can cause a fido to chew stuff up as a means of coping with a stressful event. Another related problem is separation anxiety which occurs when a dog is left alone by itself for a long time. Stress can also come from seeing strange and unfamiliar people as well as new pets.
- Use anti-chew sprays – These sprays taste bitter to a canine’s taste which in turn repels them away from the object you applied it on. Eventually, your pet will avoid objects applied with anti-chew sprays. However, make sure that you check first the ingredients of the spray that you intend to use. Some components like aluminum sulfate can have adverse effects due to continuous use. It is best that you use sprays that a dog expert, breeder or even a veterinarian suggests.
- Keep objects out of reach – Shoes, non-chew toys, pillows, clothes and other things that are small enough to move and put elsewhere. This move allows you to limit the number of targets that your canine will chew. If you are using anti-chew sprays, you no longer need to spray everything only the essential and non-movable objects. Smaller objects are high-risk choking hazards so keeping them out of reach is of vital importance.
There are some things that you should not do to make your pet stop chewing. Do not scold, spank or punishment the poor thing harshly. Also never use a dog muzzle or even a duct tape, and the latter is considered an inhuman treatment of an animal.
Always use positive reinforcement along with firm disciple. Do not also let your pet get spoiled by allowing it to have its way. A good time to instill discipline and training when it comes to chewing is when the pooch is still a young pup. Adult canines can have training and control, but it much harder to mold an adult fido especially if it’s set in its behavior.
When choosing and buying a chew proof dog bed, one factor to you or any dog owner take into consideration (and which happens to be the primary concern sometimes) is the price of the doggie bed. You might not resist the temptation to buy a cheaper bed to save money, but in reality, such a move will cost more money. Usually a more inexpensive bed, pad or mat does not have the same durability or sturdiness that is the usual defining feature of high-priced, but top quality items.
As a result, you will end up spending more cash to replace the bed that your pet had fun gnawing all day long. Another negative thing about cheap beds, mats or pads is the quality of their filling. Fillings made from sub-standard materials are not comfortable to your pet’s touch and will not give relief to their joint pains. Also unlike indestructible dog beds, these types of beds are not just easily chewed by canines, but their shape gets bent and twisted due to regular machine washing. The result of all of these factors is that you end up spending more money than saving it.
Regardless of what indestructible dog bed you choose from the list above, your pet will appreciate such a gift that makes him feel loved and special. After all only the best is good for our beloved pooches.
READ MORE PRODUCT REVIEWS