Are you in search of the best Pomeranian dog names for your new fur baby? These dogs are one of the most fabulous, funniest, and cutest canine breeds that you’ll ever know. Seeing them for the first time will surely encourage you to take one home. However, naming them is a serious task that pet parents need to tackle. Thus, we’ve prepared lots of popular and best Pomeranian name ideas for your inspiration!
Poms are elegant, playful, and intelligent dogs. Also, they come in fun-size cuteness that matches their delightful personality. According to American Kennel Club, these dogs grow up to 12 inches in height and weigh from three to seven pounds.
So, are you ready to pick out a name for your adorable new pooch? Browse down for a massive collection of monikers that could be the perfect one for your awesome pet!
Popular Pomeranian Dog Name
The Pomeranian dog breed is a very popular pet for various reasons. First, they have a lovable compact size that suits modern families. Second, they always look cute, adorable, and smiling face. Likewise, Poms are very affectionate and attentive dogs. Further, they make lovely family companions due to their intelligence and positive traits.
Thus, it’s no wonder! There is a long line of popular name choices for these cute dogs. Some of these names showcase their uniqueness, while other pet parents refer to their tiny size as inspiration. Besides, their colorful coats also bring in vibrant monikers into play. So, here’s a list of the most popular titles for these little cuties.
- Snow White
Recommended read: 12 Things You Need to Know About Teacup Pomeranian Dog Breed
Female Pomeranian Dog Names
In this section, we have a list of elegant, classy, feminine, strong, feisty, and many other names for your female Pom. These dogs are genuinely stylish-looking. They have a fluffy double coat, almond-shaped eyes, and erect ears, for instance. Further, they come with delightful coat colors such as fawn, white, brown, and black.
Moreover, Pomeranians are the perfect show dogs! They have an expansive frill that goes over their shoulders and chest. Also, their heavily feathered tail is one of its most notable characteristics. In the same way, you might want a moniker that reflects their graceful and feminine stance. However, many pet parents seek out trendy and unique names for these beauties. Check out our selection of female Pomeranian names for your inspiration!
- Allure – means attractive and fascinating
- Candy – a sugary delight for a sweet pet
- Amethyst – a purple-colored gemstone
- Pandora – a popular Greek mythology character
- Piper – means flute or pipe player
- Majesty – a perfect name for a princess pet
- Dixie – a French word that means “south”
- Athena – the Greek Goddess of wisdom
- Petal – the delicate part of a flower
- Pretzel – a cute name inspired by the salty biscuit
Additionally, there are other popular choices for female monikers:
Male Pomeranian Dog Names
Next, we have prepared an equally exciting list of names that are perfect for male Poms. These dogs are robust and active despite their size. They are playful pets who are always game for an adventure. More so, male Pomeranian dogs are confident, alert, and are sometimes reserved toward strangers. Further, are high-spirited pets whom you can trust to be your watchdog!
Therefore, your new pooch deserves a royal male Pomeranian name. It should be something that represents their bold and loyal nature. Here’s a list of monikers which you might love:
- Prince – the royal descendant to the throne
- Blitzen – inspired by Santa’s reindeer
- Brawler – an English name for a feisty male Pom
- Phantom – a type of ghost
- Cubby – a cute bear name for your Pom pom
- Monty – an ideal name for a pooch with a huge personality
- Maximillion – a fun name for a pampered pooch
- Othello – from the tragedy written by Shakespeare
- Napoleon – the military leader
- Mozart – inspired by the classical composer
In addition, here are some top picked names for male Poms from pet parents around the world.
Celebrity Pomeranian Names
Pomeranian dogs are indeed popular then and now. In fact, they are well-loved by celebrities and famous people. Many Hollywood stars have Poms as pets. Thus, if you are a fan of any of these stars, you can get inspiration on how they named their pets! Also, these names are bound to make your pets as popular as their celebrity owners!
- Foxxy – the name of Nicole Richie’s pet Pom
- Giggy – the name of British actress, Liza Vanderpump’s pet
- Simba – Heidi Klum’s pet name
- Winston – No Doubt’s lead Gwen Stefani’ cute pet
- Chewy – the name of a Pomeranian dog owned by Gavin Rossdale
- Isabelle – the name of Britney Spears’ Pom
- Belferlein – Martin Luther King’s pet Pom
- Pearl – the name of Lea Michelle’s pet
- Virgo – LeAnn Rimes gave this name to her pet
- Macy – the name of Hillary Duff’s pet
- Jenny – the Pom dog of David Hasselhoff
- Esther – Fran Drescher’s pet Pom
- Austin Powers – Liza Minnelli’s pet
- Noodles – the name of Kelly Osborne’s pet Pom
- Turi – Queen Victoria’s pet Pomeranian
- Lucky – the name of Jessica Alba’s pet
- Fluffy – the name of Keanu Reeves’ black Pom
- Sweet Pea – the name of the Pom Elvis Presley gave to his mother
- Clara Bo – the name of Kate Hudson’s pet
- Gidget – the name of the Pomeranian dog in Secret Life of Pets
Cute Pomeranian Names
These little bundles of fur are small and cuddly! In fact, they make ideal pets because they are easy to care for, friendly and brilliant dogs. They are perfect for families; however, supervision is a must when there are little children around. Younger kids may find them too cute to handle! Thus, finding the best name for your Pom should go beyond their cuteness. Some ideas for such monikers include their color, character, and size.
RECOMMENDED: Best Dog Names For Poodles
Exotic Pomeranian Names
In this list, we’ll do away with the mundane. Seeking out exotic names is not only limited to exotic canines. Although Poms are famous worldwide, every pet parent considers their fur babies to be one of a kind. Thus, they can also have unique names that match their personality. Many ideas come to mind when choosing uncommon words for pets, like this list of 300 popular names for Shih Tzu dogs. On the other hand, you should also consider the ease of pronunciation and your pet’s responsiveness towards the name.
So, here we’ll take inspiration from books, exotic characters or personalities, and other foreign terms. Also, we’ve included the meanings of these unfamiliar names for you to explore.
- Adonis – a very handsome character in Greek mythology
- Aesop – known for his famous fables
- Banshee – a female spirit in Irish mythology
- Basil – a unique name inspired by the herbs
- Capone – the notorious American gangster
- Gaspar – “treasure keeper”
- Khan – “ruler” in Turkish and Mongolian language
- Keiko – means “blessing” in Japanese
- Lakota – “friend” in Native American language
- Calyx – a Greek term for “handsome”
- Kismet – means “destiny” in Persian
- Yuko – means “gentle” in Japanese
- Mamoru – means “protector” in Japanese
- Sachi – “grace” in the Indian language
- Amol – a Sanskrit word that means “worthy”
- Raju – means “Prosperity” in Hindi
- Alba – means “sunrise” in Spanish
- Bomi – in Korean, it means “springtime”
- Jeju – an exotic island in South Korea
- Reina – means “queen” in Spanish
Additionally, there are other unique name choices that you might want to consider for your next pooch.
Pomeranian Puppy Names
In this next list, we’ll showcase names you can give to your Pom puppies. We know that they are already adorable as adults, but puppies are made extraordinary! These little four-legged wonders deserve names that are also extra special. Check out this collection of names for your tiny fur babies.
The Best Pomeranian Names
Part of the fun of having a new puppy is choosing the best name for them. Still, this task can be challenging, especially if we are still in the process of learning the quirks and traits of our pet. As a new Pomeranian dog owner, you should prepare for a life of fun, affection, and loyalty. Further, Poms can be the perfect companion! They are foxy, bold, and ever-smiling, for instance. Also, they get along with other dogs and kids in the household.
Thus, naming these wonderful dogs will keep you hunting for fluffy name ideas. These titles can be a combination of cute, fierce, and unique too. So, here are the names that Pom parents think are the best choices for these babies.
Picking the Right Pomeranian Dog Names
Among these names we’ve mentioned, we are sure you’ve picked out several that you love. But how do you choose the right one for your pet? Is it through the cute way it is pronounced? Or is it because it sounds funny for your fierce little buddy?
Typically, new fur parents are given these simple tips in selecting a moniker for a new pup.
- Is it easy to say? Hundreds of names do sound great, but they might be hard to pronounce in everyday life. Thus, before deciding on a name, say it several times to ensure that it rolls off nicely when you call your dog.
- Say It Out Loud – You will say this name daily to call your pooch. Sometimes, you have to use it hundreds of times. So, are you comfortable saying it out loud? If not, then you should try your next pick.
- Does It Suit Your Pet? – You and your pup need to pick out a name that suits their personality and appearance. Some pet parents want something funny though and choose a name that sounds ironic for their pets.
And lastly, trust your gut. Because when you find the right name, you will know that it is the one!
Finally, have you found the perfect name for your fluffy ball from our list? Whether you want something cute, fierce, feminine, elegant, or exotic, we made sure to cover lots of categories for you to explore. It is a fact, choosing a Pomeranian dog name can be stressful, but it shouldn’t be! Make it fun and exciting by involving family and friends in the selection process.
Just relax and practice saying the names you’ve chosen. Make sure that it is firm enough to call during training, but also warm enough for snuggles. Lastly, whichever one you decide on, your pup will surely love it and respond to you every time you call for them.
How about you? What name have you got for your Pomeranian baby? Is it something you got from your list? We’d love to hear from you. Share the best names for you by leaving us a comment in the box below.